Do you remember the plastic bottle wreath?... I made it over here? The tutorial is there too if you scroll down a bit... Is it coming back to you? Well... ideas were had, votes were tallied, changes were made, and now the plastic bottle wreath is WHITE!
Yes, there was some deliberation prior to painting. The pros and cons of painting the wreath white boiled down to the following:
- The work involved in painting it: get out the drop cloth, find that old can of white spray paint, get the wreath, put on the coat and hat because it's colder that Pete outside, carry everything outside, unplug the old can of spray paint, spray your hands white while struggling to unplug the old can of spray paint, spray paint it while your fingers turn blue under the white paint, let it dry, wash your hands, go outside, bring it in, get a new white hanger, hang it.
- It's no longer transparent which was super-cool.
- It's not nearly as ethereal or jelly-fish-like.
- It's just not the same...
- It's a million times BETTER because now you can actually SEE it!!!
Hi there little wreath with all your little white details! So nice to SEE you! I must say, you're a pretty one, aren't you? Come hang out for a while, will ya?
Now you. Go have yourself a sunny day!