The boy and I have started a new project.
We'll be making fabric bracelets to contribute to Craft Hope's Project 12. In partnership with Orphan Outreach, Craft Hope is collecting handmade bracelets to give to Russian children who've been abandoned, abused and are living in poverty.
Why I love this project?
- It's such a lovely cause with a warm heart.
- It will involve my child. The boy and I will work on this project as a team. My hope is that he will help in every aspect of design and creation. As a bonus, I will take the opportunity to turn this into a social science, history and geography lesson all-rolled-in-one for him (and for me too!)
- Each bracelet will be a unique treasure made with lots o' love. Each will be different and hopefully impress within each child-recipient a feeling of their own specialness.
- This is the perfect stash-busting project. The smallness of each bracelet allows us to utilize some of the tiny yet gorgeous crafty bits and pieces that we may not otherwise use.
- We will be able to make a nice bunch of bracelets. Our goal is to fashion a dozen fabric bracelets over the next few weeks.
What have we accomplished so far?
Well, we're still in the design phase. The boy drew out some tiny pictures which I've transferred onto freezer-paper.
I'm in the midst of cutting out his designs with my Exacto knife. Aren't the teensy stencils cute?
And that's what we've done so far. I'll post more pictures as we progress.
If you'd like to join in, all the details are available at Craft Hope.
Now please enjoy your day, and I'll see you again soon!