Today's guest is Emi from Hectanooga. Let us see what this seriously busy woman has in store for us today...
Video Tutorial: Stacked Paper Bead Necklace by Hectanooga
Hello! My name is Emi from Hectanooga and I’m passionate about crafting, designing, and recycling! And when I can do all three at the same time, I’m very happy! These stacked paper beads were inspired by a necklace I saw someone wearing on television. The necklace was similar in design - it was black metal - and I immediately thought: “Hey, I bet I could make that from paper!” These beads would look lovely painted black as well, but the print is a great conversation starter, and painting them would hide their origin!
Want to know how I make them? Here's the video that shows you how. Enjoy!
There are several reasons why I like to recycle. Here are a few:
- Supplies are readily available, and there's no wasting gas going out to buy supplies!
- It’s free. No expense for the supplies themselves!
- It’s green. Making something useful from throw-aways is always a good thing!
- It’s a challenge. Thinking up ways to use these things is always fun!
- Middle-of-the-night crafting is possible. You can always find something to manipulate into something else!
- It’s eco-friendly. It keeps things out of the land-fill.
- It’s very rewarding! Making something from virtually nothing is a thrill!
***Such a simple and pretty concept, Emi. Your choice to leave them au naturel is lovely too, and what a nice complement for the black beads! Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today and sharing your tutorial with us.
As I mentioned up top, Emi is a do-er and a dedicated one at that. Her specialties include crochet, jewelry-making, and recycling - a woman after my own heart, eh? I don't like to compare myself to others but, honestly, I'm feeling somewhat sheepish in comparison. Not only does she have a blog, and three Etsy shops (Hectanooga, M.E.H. Art Gallery and Hat and Scarf Patterns), but her Hectanooga YouTube site boasts... you won't believe this... 595 videos. That's 5-9-5! Is that not amazing? I thought I was doing well with 3. I have some serious catching up to do apparently. So go on now and pay her a visit, won't you? I'll see you back here in 3 years.
♥MP.S. Have an idea for an eco-craft? Consider submitting a guest-post idea to Michele Made Me's "You Guest It"! Check out the details HERE.